On September 17, another incubation program was launched in Khujand as part of Component IV of the TRIGGER II/IRDP project together with the Technology Park of the TSULB.
The incubation program is a training course for aspiring start-ups, which provides young entrepreneurs with knowledge in areas such as market research, marketing mix, finance, entrepreneurship, business modeling using interactive teaching methods.
The inaugural event with opening remarks was opened by:
1. Tochiboy Sultoni – Head of the Social Development and Public Relations Department of the Office of the Chairman of Sughd Region;
2. Professor, Doctor of Economic Sciences, Rector of Tajik State University of Law, Business and Politics – Sharifzoda Mu’min Mashokir;
3. Mr. Henning Bungards-Director of PEM Consult;
4. Aziz Nazarov – Team-leader of TRIGGER II (GIZ) program in Khujand.
The Incubation Program is a direct continuation of the Startup Bootcamps, two cycles of which were held at the TSULBP Technopark.
More than 300 entrepreneurs were trained in these camps throughout Tajikistan, and 100 of them were selected to participate in the Incubation Program, which is implemented by several organizations. Of these, 20 will be trained at our Technopark.
During the three months of the program participants:
– develop and test a product or service;
– determine a viable business model and launch pilot projects;
– make their first sales and find their first customers.
Guests and partners stressed the importance of youth participation in this program, which gives participants the opportunity to gain new knowledge, as well as develop a culture of entrepreneurship in Sughd region.
At the end of the event a sightseeing tour of the sites of the University was conducted for the guests.
We say a huge thank you to everyone who shared this great day with us!
This project is financially supported by the European Union and the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ).