The final event of the incubation program for startups took place on December 9. Ten teams successfully made it to the finals and were given the opportunity to present their startup projects to potential investors and jury members.
The inaugural event was opened with introductory speeches:
- Ms. Sabine Olthof – Country Director of the German Society for Technical Cooperation (GIZ);
- Mr. Wolf Hendrik Gorecki – Director of the Integrated Rural Development Project |TRIGGER;
- Mr. Jürgen Burks – Team Leader PEM Concult of the Startup Promotion Project;
- Firuza Nabieva – HR-Director of TCELL;
- Ravshan Kurbanov – General Director of “FIFTYFIVE GROUP”;
- Rozik Chorshambiev – Head of “Accelerate Prosperity
The finals featured projects in industry, trade and catering management automation, and other projects in medicine, design, and education, namely:
- IRBIS – an online marketplace;
- La massito – an online cooking school;
- Romanian (sheep breeding);
- Soson 2018, an innovative construction company;
- Black Panther (veterinary clinic);
- Rus-Chi.com – providing translation services;
- Nail art studio school;
- Fishgar – production of fish food;
- Art Decor – burning designs of any complexity on wood;
- Recycling of processed oil.
A jury consisting of business experts and successful entrepreneurs evaluated the projects submitted to the “Tajik Start-up Challenge” and selected the 3 best of them:
- 1st place was taken by the project “Fishgar” – production of fish food, the project was presented by Farzona Mahmudova from Khujand;
- 2nd place was taken by the project on processing of motor oil – the project was presented by Abdumanon Madoripov from Dushanbe;
- 3rd place went to an innovative project in the field of education “La massito”, presented by Miralizoda Simo from Dushanbe.
- This is out of a record number – 100 people were selected 10.
Congratulations to all participants on the successful defense, we wish everyone not to stop, to develop initiatives in their projects!
We thank the general partner “FIFTYFIVE GROUP” and development partners “Startupchoikhona”, “Tcell”, “Accelerate Prosperity Tajikistan” for the fruitful cooperation and development of the startup culture in the country.
This project is implemented with the financial support of the European Union and the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ).